Thursday, August 13, 2009

Starting Fresh

Hi, all. So yeah, remember when I promised to upload my entire journal from that road trip I took with my brothers at the beginning of the summer…and remember when I promised that I would be writing a fair amount about other various things that I think/believe/think I believe… Well as it turns out, I’m more of a liar than I realized I was. Honestly, I spent the last couple of months relaxing, reading, hanging out with friends, watching TV, and generally doing very little that was productive with my time- and that was exactly what I needed.

So here I am again, promising to start writing more regularly, but with a new focus in mind: I have just begun my journey as an English teacher in Seoul, South Korea for a year. From this point on, this blog will be a record of my experiences in Seoul: living, eating, teaching, meeting new people, and hopefully learning a good deal about a part of the world that is completely and utterly new and foreign to me. In doing so, I imagine I will be learning a lot about myself, as well. And I also imagine that along the way, all of that stuff about what I think/believe/think I believe might come up once or twice, as well. So away we go…or away I go, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment